The Declaration of the People of the United States of America
When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for an oppressed people to dissolve the political bands that connect them to a despot, and to regain among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of humankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men and women — regardless of color, ethnic background, country of origin, immigration status, sexual identification or orientation, prisoner or free — are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, and among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
To secure these rights, governments are instituted among men and women, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, and that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to achieve their safety and happiness.
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; accordingly, all experience has shown that humankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpation, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
Such has been the patient sufferance of the American people, and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government. The history of the present presidential administration is a history of repeated injuries and usurpation, all having the direct object of the establishment of an absolute tyranny over the American people. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.
This president has:
* A consistent and continuing history of misogyny, racism, homophobia, transphobia, religious bias, and xenophobia, insulting citizens of this and other nations.
* Deliberately failed to adequately respond the COVID-19 pandemic, which led to the deaths of over 160,000 Americans, with over 5 million people infected and sick, some of whom may be disabled for life. He has utterly failed in the most important requirement of a president: To protect the people of the United States.
* Encouraged armed men to physically threaten elected officials and other Americans.
* Recklessly allowed economic collapse during the pandemic, creating uncertainty and misery for workers and their families.
* Used the Federal Reserve to bolster the stock market and his political fortunes while adding debt and risk to the people of the United States.
* Failed to require Republicans in the Senate to provide adequate funds and other support during the pandemic. People are now without incomes, without housing, without food, without water, without electricity, and without health insurance.
* During the pandemic, insisted businesses and schools reopen without adequate plans or support for health and safety, endangering workers, teachers, students, and their families.
* Tampered with the election process by encouraging foreign actors to misinform and inflame the passions of voters. He has encouraged voter suppression techniques in the states.
* He is committing a federal crime by interfering with the delivery of the U.S. Mail to suppress the vote and ensure his own reelection.
* Told countless lies and spread false information, some of which is detrimental to the health of citizens and all of which is detrimental to public life of the nation.
* Intensified the brutal treatment of refugees at our southern border, separating parents from their children and locking them in cages. He has failed to provide adequate food, sanitation, and medical care to refugees. He uses ICE, one of his newly-militant, militarized police forces, to terrorize legal and undocumented immigrants.
* Used deliberately divisive language to foment a race and class war. He invokes traitors as heroes rather than condemning them as despicable men who enslaved others.
* Brutally deployed unaccountable militarized police, answerable only to him, against citizens exercising their First Amendment rights.
* Committed treason by dealing with other nations in manner harmful to our nation but beneficial to himself.
* Recklessly withdrawn from multilateral treaties and other agreements, increasing the risk of conventional and nuclear war and irreversible environmental destruction.
* Eliminated environmental protection rules, thereby damaging the well-being of the people of this nation and of human civilization.
* Eliminated worker protections, allowing unsafe conditions for millions of workers.
* Used public office for private gain. He has engaged in personal corruption to enrich himself, his family, and friends. He has tolerated corruption among his associates and by members of the administration.
We, therefore, the people of the United States of America, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by authority of the good people of this nation, solemnly publish and declare, that we are absolved from all allegiance to the current presidential administration.
We demand and expect the immediate resignation of the president and his administration, and will determine among ourselves the appropriate and urgent actions required if resignations are not tendered to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, who will temporarily assume the Office of the President. We the people will then determine the most effective steps to ensure free and fair elections and governance.
For the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
Transition to a New Government
- The president and all cabinet members must resign immediately.
2. All elections, including state elections, will be federally funded. Corporate and private donations are not allowed. Corporations are not people and money is not speech.
3. No presidential campaign may be initiated prior to three months before an election.
4. New elections for the Senate will be held within 6 months. No sitting senator may be reelected for the term of the new Senate. All senators must resign after new elections. A term limit of two terms is imposed. In the future, no campaign may be initiated prior to three months before an election.
5. Gerrymandering is prohibited. Once new boundaries are established, all House members will be required to contest for their seats. A term limited of four terms is imposed. No election may be initiated prior to three months before the election.
6. All current political appointees — including those in the Department of Defense, the U.S. Postal Service, and the Federal Reserve — must resign. The senior career official in each agency will lead until federal elections are complete and new senior officials can be approved by the Senate.
7. All politically appointed ambassadors must resign. Beginning now, all ambassadors will be selected from career State Department diplomats.
8. All federal judges, including those on the U.S. Supreme Court, who were not recommended by the American Bar Association must resign. Future judges cannot be nominated without an ABA endorsement.